Friday 31 December 2010

On the sixth (and seventh) day of Christmas

On the sixth day of Christmas....

I still wasn't reading much. Still feeling poorly with the flu - I managed to stagger out for ANOTHER theatre outing, this time to see The Lion, the Witch and the Wardrobe, over in Northampton - I took my Mum for her birthday (but secretly it was a treat for me too!). It was quite good but it turned out to be a musical version and it was a little weird when the Pevensies came on stage and burst into song. K kindly drove me there, and I realised how poorly I was, when, requesting a stop at Hobbycraft on the way home, I came out with only the 2 things that I needed.

I finally started to flip through Kitchen by Nigella Lawson, but whether it was because I was feeling poorly, nothing really grabbed me with the exception of the treacle tart which I look forward to having a go at in the New Year.

I then read Cherry Ames: Student Nurse by Helen Wells which was a lovely relaxing read - it's the first of the Cherry Ames books - vintage reading, I think they are set in the 1950s - you can read more about the series here. I own another couple of them, but it was nice to see how the series started, and now I am quite keen to collect the lot!


On the seventh day of Christmas
I am actually feeling even worse. About 11am I got up and decided to pretend not to be ill for a bit and made some AMAZING danish pastries, but then went back to my sick bed. I am yet to read anything today but am hoping to read Wish her safe at home. This was another find at Notting Hill which I had been desperate to read since reading Rachel's view here.

We were hoping to go out salsa dancing for New Year, but I think it will be spent at home again. Still, K told me this morning that he doesn't mind too much as he will still get to spend it with the woman he is going to marry in 2011! Me!! I can't wait, 2011 is going to be an excellent year.

6 comments:

  1. So sorry to hear that you're sick - get well soon. But how great to have something so exciting to look forward to in 2011. Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Woo Hoo you're gettign married in 2011 - when precisely? Hope you feel better soon.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hope you have a healthy New Year, even if you are only together with the one you love and going to marry.

    How exciting for 2011! It makes me so envious.

    Happy New Year

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is such a sweet thing of K to say. I am sure this will be a magical year for the two of you! Happy 2011!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks Jo and Iris - we had a little dance around the sitting room before I went back to bed. Rock and roll!

    ReplyDelete

Do leave a comment - I love to hear from people who read my blog.