Saturday 3 October 2009

Literary life

"Something fun and mildly absorbing for the book-lovers"

Using only books you have read this year (2009), answer these questions. Try not to repeat a book title. It's a lot harder than you think!

Claire from Paperback reader tagged me in this note on facebook, and I thought it would be fun to try...I've read nearly 500 books this year so plenty to chose from!

Describe yourself:
How do you feel: Ease (Patrick Gale)

Describe where you currently live: Crowded Street (Winifred Holtby)

If you could go anywhere, where would you go: Desirable Residence (Madeleine Wickham)

Your favorite form of transportation: Easter Parade (Richard Yates)

Your best friend is: There for you (Louise Candish)

You and your friends are: Friendly Young Ladies (Mary Renault)

What's the weather like: Quartet in Autumn (Pym)

You fear: House-bound (Winifred Peck)

What is the best advice you have to give: Keep smiling through (Charlotte Church)

Thought for the day: Remember me? (Sophie Kinsella)

How I would like to die: When I forget (Hirsonen)

My soul's present condition: Angel (Elizabeth Taylor)

10 comments:

  1. Yay! Great to read your answers. I could have used The Crowded Street but didn't think. Some are harder than they look, especially the transport one.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry it took me so long to get back to this! I really enjoyed doing it, but it was quite easy when I had so many titles to choose from.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this meme, it always brings up interesting answers. Not even going to ASK how you've read almost 500 books this year....

    ReplyDelete
  4. Actually Simon, I got over the 500 mark this week...

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love your advice, but this really is too easy with 500 titles(!) to choose from ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. JoAnn - yes, I know, it was a bit too easy. You could save it for December!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Such a fun meme and great answers. I laughed at the image of you getting to work, riding on a float in an Easter Parade!

    ReplyDelete
  8. With an Easter Bonnet of course!

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a wonderful meme! And 500 books is incredibly impressive. Wow!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I can't believe how fast you read. It's truly awe-inspiring.

    ReplyDelete

Do leave a comment - I love to hear from people who read my blog.