Saturday 17 October 2009

15 books

I got tagged in this note on facebook and thought it would be fun to put it on my blog and see what other bloggers came up with!

Don't take too long to think about it. Fifteen books you've read that will always stick with you. First fifteen you can recall in no more than 15 minutes.

1. Rebecca (Daphne Du Maurier)
2. Lark Rise to Candleford (Flora Thompson)
3. Round About A Pound a Week (Maud Pember Reeves)
4. Swallows and Amazons (Arthur Ransome)
5. Diary of a nobody (George Grossmith)
6. Ballet Shoes (Noel Streatfeild)
7. Our hidden lives (Simon Garfield)
8. The school at the chalet (Elinor M Brent Dyer)
9. One pair of hands (Monica Dickens)
10. The music room (Will Fiennes)
11. Sunbathing in the rain (Gwyneth Lewis)
12. Jennings at school (Anthony Buckeridge)
13. Autumn Term (Antonia Forest)
14. The well and the mine (Gin Phillips)
15. Frost in May (Antonia White)

I did this in about 3 minutes, as fast as I could type the titles. I was intrigued by the mixture of children's books, fiction and social history/autobiography which came out.

Try doing the same!

4 comments:

  1. I'd love to play but I have my shoes on, about to leave for work. Just had to say that Diary of a Nobody is FABULOUS and I thought of you last night when I was laughing out loud. I don't want this book to end! Off to the mines...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hehe - I'm at work too Darlene. I'm glad you were laughing out loud :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'll play :)

    Midnight's Children
    Rebecca
    The Fountainhead
    Catcher In The Rye
    Love Story
    The Witches
    A Clockwork Orange
    The Magic Toyshop
    The Great Gatsby
    The Faraway Tree
    Lust for Life
    Diary of a Bad Year
    A Fine Balance
    Fahrenheit 451
    The Road

    ReplyDelete
  4. Here's my list: http://theliterarystew.blogspot.com

    I just started a book blog. Hope I stick with it!

    mrs.B

    ReplyDelete

Do leave a comment - I love to hear from people who read my blog.