Friday 25 September 2009

Some bookish postcards

I just can't think of what to write about today, not because there has been an absence of book buying, book borrowing or book reading (although being back in the swing of work and trying to do fun things as well as keep up with the housework has cut into my reading time), but because none of it feels exciting and interesting enough to share.

So here is a picture of three wonderful postcards that I picked up in Heffers bookshop in Cambridge earlier this month. What fantastic quotes!


(I'm sorry that the picture isn't better quality, the cards are very shiny and difficult to photograph)

4 comments:

  1. Ha! That second one is so perfect! I've read it before but don't remember where. My husband ALWAYS teases me: doesn't matter if we have food or not, as long as mommy has books! :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Another vote for the Erasmus quote, I've read it before and think it sums things up quite nicely! Now will you send those postcards in the mail one day or do you save them for admiring like I do?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh yes, that quote is definitely my life's motto. I could survive on books as sustenance although I can't attest to their nutritional value.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hahaha I love that middle quote! I used to keep that on my wall...eating can wait!

    ReplyDelete

Do leave a comment - I love to hear from people who read my blog.