Friday 11 September 2009

Pictures from Cambridge

Just got back and before I go and repack my suitcase with wetsuit rather than work clothes, I thought I'd share a few pictures from my trip to Cambridge. I can't wait to go back sometime with my boyfriend and see the place properly without a conference to get in the way!

I stayed at Clare college...
...which is right next to the river, and I had to walk over this bridge several times a day to go between the meeting room and my room...

My room was amazing, nothing like my student days (and I did rather well if I'm honest)
Edwina, my teddy bear agreed with me.

I did some library tourism, following signs......to find the Trinity Wren Library...
...and to go on a tour of the library at Gonville and Caius...
I had a yummy meal out in the Rainbow cafe:

And I bought some books...
Which I've just unpacked and am now once more feeling a LITTLE (ok, a LOT) overwhelmed by TBRs...

4 comments:

  1. Oh, how beautiful, such a picturesque setting! Edwina is adorable by the way and she had such a lovely view.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous. I remember going to Cambridge a couple of years ago, in spring, and I went camera happy.

    And Edwina is incredibly cute!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so glad you enjoyed it! I miss the library at Caius - in your photo that looks like the librarian and my old friend Alice standing on the left of the case.

    ReplyDelete

Do leave a comment - I love to hear from people who read my blog.