Sunday 28 March 2010

Anniversary cake


I apologise for the hiatus in blogging (well, you may not have noticed since I had posts scheduled!) and replying to emails and comments. I went down with a horrible stomach bug on Wednesday, which on top of my existing stomach problems completely wiped me out. I was especially gutted as I wasn't able to properly celebrate the the three years since my fiance and I went on our first date (it took us another 5 months to get together, so we celebrate two anniversaries, and why not?!). Especially as, as you know, I like baking, and I love making things for my fiance, and had been saving this new heartshaped baking tin that I found in the Lakeland shop. But I did eventually get to make a chocolate sponge in it :)

9 comments:

  1. Congratulations! I hope that you are fully recovered now.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations on the anniversary and I hope that you are feeling a little better. That cake tin is going on my wish list, it's gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats on the anniversary and commiserations on the stomach bug, there seems to be a lot of them doing the rounds at the moment.

    Hope you are feeling a lot better now.

    Cake looks lovely, my other half doesn't eat chocolate cake - bars of chocolate yes, but in cake form, it's no thanks from him.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hope you're feeling better now and happy belated anniversary!

    Beautiful cake. Living alone, I don't have a chance to bake as much as I'd like, particularly things like cakes. However, if I can track down this tin, that might change - how to resist something so pretty?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy anniversary!! The cake is gorgeous... hope you're felling better today.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such a pretty cake and I love that each slice promises a heart. Hope you're feeling better!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I can't see any problem with two anniversaries - the queen has two birthdays after all -and just think - when you are married - you will have three! Get well soon Verity and lovely cake.

    Hannah

    ReplyDelete
  8. And why not celebrate twice? I think it is lovely...just like the chocolate sponge:) Congratulations and I hope you are feeling better.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Sorry you've been feeling bad, and congratulations on the anniversary!

    ReplyDelete

Do leave a comment - I love to hear from people who read my blog.