Sunday 21 June 2009

Strawberry torte


I made this last night, an incredibly delicious strawberry torte. It's essentially a sponge cake (made half with almonds) filled before baking with fresh strawberries, which on cooking turn into a lovely sort of jam. I'm definitely making it again, and next time I'd put more strawberries in, as I only put about half the amount that the recipe specified, because it looked like a lot, and I'd forgotten that strawberries shrank.
I've also made some choc chip shortbread with a recipe that I rediscovered from an old Sainsbury's magazine that I'd not got around to making. It was interesting, as it involved using a combination of golden caster sugar and dark muscavado sugar (normally I'd use caster sugar in shortbread), and for the first time I made it in a tin, rather than cutting out shapes. Decided I need to get more use out of my flan tin, and plus the picture on the original recipe was made in a tin! It's still in the oven, as we've only just got back from 80th lunch excursion, so please excuse the lack of picture!

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for including the recipe! We have had such a cool Spring this year and the strawberries are going to be late. Are you going to be sharing any shortbread with your co-workers? My husband doesn't like it when I share my baking with anyone but him:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I should have brought some in I guess, but we are overwhelmed with chocolate from the students. I think my boyfriend might share some of the shortbread with his colleagues, but probably not! It was seriously yummy, so I shall have to make it again and post recipe and picture :) Already trying to think about what to make this weekend...

    ReplyDelete

Do leave a comment - I love to hear from people who read my blog.