Thursday 4 June 2009

Seaside holidays!

We've just booked two nights away in a few weeks time. I can't wait - I've got 3 six day weeks to get through at work, as well as my Gran's 80th which involves a 300 mile round trip, and two weekends when my boyfriend is otherwise occupied on my day off.
I'm already trying to decide what books to take with me. When I go away I love to read something where it is set - memorably I've read My Cousin Rachel in Cornwall, as well as Justine Picardie's Daphne (and last year we watched Jamaica Inn in Cornwall and went to see it the next day); I've read the School at the Chalet in Innsbruck and Jo Of the Chalet School (which has a Christmassy bit) in the Alps at Christmas. I read Goodbye to Berlin in Berlin and The Mitford Girls biography just after a break in the Cotswolds where I saw their graves.
But sometimes its nice to take something light, as well as something a bit heavier. It's not as if I don't have plenty to choose from. And I'll need to choose something for my boyfriend too (The Book People have a 10 book set of PG Wodehouse which I'm really tempted to get for him although unlike me he seems to prefer books coming in in ones and twos, he gets overwhelmed a bit more easily).
Talking of seaside makes me think of ice cream - I've just got an ice cream maker and am in the middle of making a batch of frozen yoghurt. I've read a couple of good books in the last few days, but I will blog about them tomorrow when I'm not in the middle of making ice cream and baking (I'll blog about that too!).

No comments:

Post a Comment

Do leave a comment - I love to hear from people who read my blog.