Thursday 25 June 2009

Now that summer is here (in the northern hemisphere, anyway), what is the most "Summery" book you can think of? The one that captures the essence of summer for you?

Without a doubt it has to be The go-between by L.P. Hartley. It is set in a long, hot summer, and I read it on a bank holiday Monday in my teens, lying in the garden in the sun.

Unfortunately I can't find a copy of the cover of the version I read.

However, although it's been too hot (I found myself in the kitchen at 3.30 am last night eating ice cream to cool down, although that was partly as I had not had much dinner), I am now looking out of the window to clouds :( Here's hoping for some sunny weather when I have some time off next week.


2 comments:

Do leave a comment - I love to hear from people who read my blog.