Monday 22 June 2009

Mental Monday


I hate the Monday after term finishes, with a vengeance. The last week of term is especially busy with students bringing their books back, and this continues over the weekend when we're not there to check the books back in. I was first in today, at 8am, and could barely see the library. As you can see above.

Two hours later, I had finally checked everything in, and with the help of my library assistant and trainee carried everything to the right floor (we have 3 floors, and no lift!)...the other librarian was sensibly at a hospital appointment. I've spent the rest of the day trying to persuade the other students to bring their books back, and then sorting out the annual consignment of journals to be bound, most of which were missing. I am absolutely shattered by carrying books around and doing things to them.

So sometimes one can have too many books. But not Persephones. I'm still waiting for my last one!

1 comment:

  1. LOL! I know the feeling well, as a circulation desk clerk I can feel your pain. You know what though, lugging all of those books has given me pretty nice arm muscles. Not quite Madonna though - ack!

    ReplyDelete

Do leave a comment - I love to hear from people who read my blog.