Monday 29 June 2009

Blueberry soured cream cake


Before I took to the sofa this weekend, I did make a soured cream blueberry cake from this recipe. It was ok, but I thought it came out overly soggy, and although the cake was completely cold when I frosted it, it all ran off (perhaps because I used M and S organic cream cheese rather than more plastic philadelphia).
We did make it to a pick your own farm at the weekend, and got £10.58 of strawberries, raspberries and blackcurrants which now I'm on a mission to use up - mainly icecream but some baking too I expect.

3 comments:

  1. It sounds as if you have the perfect ingredients for a summer pudding! I may attempt that this summer.
    We went to one of our local farmer's markets yesterday and indulged in strawberries and raspberries.

    ReplyDelete
  2. OOh, that's a good idea. Though I'm not a HUGE fan (why do bread based, when you can have cake!), but I do like the mix of fruits. When my Mum used to make it it never had enough syrup so the bread was still white, and I think remembering that puts me off. But I like the M and S ones so maybe I should have a go! Hope you've got plenty of clotted cream :) (we have soured cream and strawberry ice cream!)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Plastic philadelphia! You crack me right up--but it's true. Your cake looks delicious and nicely presented as well. I've just got in from work and I'm starving so that's me off to root through the fridge.

    ReplyDelete

Do leave a comment - I love to hear from people who read my blog.