Friday 19 June 2009

A parcel!

I got excited when I got home and saw an extremely large Persephone package on the doormat (actually it wasn't on the dormat, the postman had left it outside - I'm glad there seem to be no other Persephone-philes in the immediate neighbourhood or it might not have been there when I got home!) as I thought it must be my last two books and I would be able to take a picture for you all. Unfortunately, Few eggs and no oranges is an extremely large volume, which occupied the whole package, so I'm afraid you'll have to wait a little longer. But I'll leave you with this in the meantime...

7 comments:

  1. What a lovely sight! There should be loads of packages showing up on doorsteps and in mailboxes with this latest offer. I wonder if the postmen/women wonder what the heck this Persephone thing is all about?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ah, I am envious.

    I once had a large Amazon box left on the doorstep and I was not amused - what if it had been stolen? Not all book lovers are moralistic souls, respectful of other bibliophiles, as stolen library books will prove.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I was gutted this morning when my university alumni magazine plopped through the door and nothing else - I was hoping to post pictures tonight when I get back from work. Still, it could be a Monday treat!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Book packages are the best surprise for when you arrive home!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Especially if you have ordered several books and don't know which one will arrive...

    ReplyDelete
  6. My all came yesterday and the day before - I hope your others have arrived by now. I really enjoyed Few Eggs and No Oranges - it is great social history.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm stilllllllllll waiting. Will emailPersephone if it doesn't turn up today just in case it's gone astray (god forbid)

    ReplyDelete

Do leave a comment - I love to hear from people who read my blog.