Wednesday 11 May 2011

My HBR pile

Reading at the moment is somewhat frustrating. I'm limited to my TBR. It's always the way that when you don't have access to something, that is what you want most, and what I want to read right now is books which I have read before from my shelves. Absolute comfort reading. But I can't. I wouldn't mind some nice library books, but I haven't really had time to go, and because of the new set up at our library I just don't seem to be able to find anything (either items on my wishlist that are supposed to be on the shelf) or anything by browsing. So I've been ploughing folornly through things which have been there for years, and even feeling folorn about books which I was excited about when the publishers offered them to me.

It is also frustrating not to be able to add complete TBR books into my main sequence of books. Instead I'm piling them up disconsolately. I haven't got the brain space at the moment to write about books (my hour of swimming each morning where I usually think about such things is now mainly spent thinking about what I need to do for the wedding/house move/whether or not to have a chocolate biscuit cake at the wedding), but here's what I've been reading - my Have Been Read pile (abysmal picture, for which apologies - did not have the energy to rearrange them)



I apologise for the lack of meaningful posting at present; I can't promise that things will get any better for the next 2 months or so, but have a virtual coffee and bar of chocolate (which was how I made myself feel better about the next two months at lunchtime). I miss interacting with people via the blog and it is so lovely to read your comments when I have been able to post, and if you are on twitter, then please do follow me @verityjdo or @verityswims10k (for swim updates!).

5 comments:

  1. Reading is about enjoyment, if you want to read a book you've read before then do it!! It sounds as though things are quite hectic for you at the minute, so maybe an old friend is just what you need,x.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree because things are hectic at the moment, we go back and want to read something we know. I think it is because we need security!

    Keep going, it will all be worth it in the end,whenever you post it is nice to here from you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sorry to hear that things are tough but I remember this stage and it is hectic! so don't stress about not posting, we'll all still be here when you get back.

    Chocolate biscuit cake - sounds amazing - but only if people will actually get a chance to eat it - you'll be heartbroken if you go to all that trouble and then only one cake gets eaten.

    Enjoy the quiet time in the pool.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your life is a bit crazy at the moment - if comfort reading is the answer, then go for it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey, everyone has their limit! I think it's just fine to be a bit too busy with all you're undertaking at the moment. Hope this will allow you to enjoy this two-month stress a little more :)

    ReplyDelete

Do leave a comment - I love to hear from people who read my blog.