Thursday 24 May 2012

Nice things

Been a bit busy for blogging this week, but here's some pictures from this week so far:

The plants are growing and looking very green. This weekend may be the one where I can plant out the second attempt at courgettes.

An orange cake has been made along with smarties cookies as a thank you for a friend who picked me up some Cornish Rattler cider this week. Not available in Oxon and rather good for hot weather.

Reading lots of brownie books, remembering them from my childhood, good to reread.

Outdoor swimming

12 comments:

  1. Looks like a very productive week to me Verity! Love the cake plate and how nice to re-read your old Brownie series.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I must pop over and visit your new blog.

      Delete
  2. Looks like a good week a so far and a lovely way of sharing with us all.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Not too bad and a three day weekend for me - yay!

      Delete
  3. Verity So lovely to see your garden growing. I'm loving seeing our garden blossom & bloom this spring for the first time. What have you discovered in your garden?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Still not very much I'm afriad, it's a bit of a mess, but I am enjoying discovering how to grow things

      Delete
  4. Orange cake is one of my favourites, lovely in this warm weather too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, and we had oranges in the veg box!

      Delete
  5. I love the orange cake. What a lovely week :o)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, not too bad really, and now it's the weekend!

      Delete
  6. Bet the cake is all gone by now! I was thinking of you the other day...that calendar of ladies reading you sent me last year is so lovely I'm using it again this year. Of course the dates are wrong but the ladies are just as lovely and it's in a spot only I can see.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh Darlene, that is very sweet, I'll have to look out for the 2013 one. I have been meaning to comment on your blog, but just not got around to it but very much enjoyed your two recent posts

      Delete

Do leave a comment - I love to hear from people who read my blog.