Friday 21 January 2011

Bits and bobs

Apologies for the lack of blogging action this week; I've been re-doing my First Aid at Work qualification, which has been remarkably tiring, and I've been catching up with work when I got home in the evenings. I had various things I wanted to blog about this week, but they haven't happened - I wrote a post about some wonderful soup that I made, but it all got eaten before I photographed it (so will have to have another make of it tomorrow!), and I had some books that I wanted to tell you about. Oh well, as our First Aid trainer kept saying, "You can't do what you can't do". I quite liked that phrase. I passed the assessment with flying colours, which was good, especially since I've done the course before, and had just lost my certificate... We celebrated with a trip to Argos to spend 4 years worth of Nectar points on a Sony Microsystem - I have been without a working CD player for over a year, and this one will connect up to my ipod too! Very exciting.

The weekend will start at lunchtime; having missed my Thursday morning off due to the course, I have Friday afternoon instead. Bliss! We are going to the cinema to see the film Black Swan, which I am quite excited about, being a ballet lover. Swimming tonight, and then a relaxing day on Saturday (what will I bake, I wonder - I have yet to decide) before back to work on Sunday - oh the joys of the current 6 day week.

Next week's blogging will be somewhat different as I will be participating in Library day in the life. This is a project designed for librarians to share what they do all day! Lots of the participants will be those who already blog about libraries - my blog is more personal, but I still thought that my blog readers might be interested in what I get up to. To be honest, at the moment next week doesn't look too exciting but you never know - we have had an awful lot of excitement of the nasty kind at work recently (power outages, broken lifts, leaks), so a quiet week would be fine by me. I hope you will all enjoy it!

Hope you have a good weekend!

10 comments:

  1. I really want to go and see Black Swan, hope that you enjoy it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. ooh I can't wait to see your library post. I love seeing what other people do all day and would love to work in a library. My ideal job as teaching is far too noisy.
    I keep seeing Black Swan advertised and it looks brilliant. Let us know what you think of it afterwards. Enjoy your mini weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'll be looking forward to it... enjoy the weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Let me know what you thought of Black Swan, it was quite a ride!

    Enjoy your extended weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Verity, just to warn you - Black Swan is not a nice film about ballet. I went in thinking that and my GOODNESS was I terrified. So be prepared to clutch onto K quite a lot!!!

    Have a lovely long weekend, you lucky thing!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I haven't seen Black Swan but I always try to see all the nominated films before the Oscars. I'm a little afraid of it. Please let us know what you think.

    I look forward to hearing about your day at the library -- I'm also a librarian (though sadly unemployed at the moment) so I'm always curious about other libraries!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I can't wait to hear about your library day in the life! As an enthusiastic library user, I'm always excited to hear the perspective of those on the other side.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I am looking forward to your library posts as well.

    Will be interested to hear what you think of Black Swan. I thought the trailer was so powerful.

    ooo what delights will you bake tomorrow.

    ReplyDelete
  9. But Virago reading week is next week, doesn't that count as exciting? I hope you join in, since you know more about them than most of us.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm really looking forward to hering what you think about Black Swan too - it looks amazing!

    ReplyDelete

Do leave a comment - I love to hear from people who read my blog.