Tuesday 25 August 2009

Persephone Reading Week: Teaser Tuesday


Today we're tying in Persephone Reading Week with Teaser Tuesdays...

"Quote a couple of spoiler-free sentences from the book you’re reading to tempt others."

Here's mine:

"What does baffle me rather is how to get them any spare rooms. I can managetheir own rooms and the servant's quarters but honestly don't see what I'm to do for their weekend visitors" -- Bricks and Mortar by Helen Ashton.

If you're participating in Persephone Reading Week, please post a teaser from the book you're currently reading on your blog, and put a link to it in the comments here, or on Claire's blog. Our favourite will win a Persephone book!

5 comments:

  1. Great teaser! Is the book funny? the quote strikes me as such.

    ReplyDelete
  2. No blog just yet. Can I post the quotes here?

    ReplyDelete
  3. "There must be a great emptying of the mind when one is about to start on a long journey. It is no good clinging to the shreds of last night's anxiety, nor its comforts; everything must be fresh and completely hard at the edges to withstand the future movement and buffeting."

    "One can have tea anywhere and always it will give the same feeling of security, but in varying degrees-according to the background against which it is served."

    quotes from Every Eye by Isobel English

    ReplyDelete
  4. Here's my Teaser Tuesday quote Verity. I'm thoroughly enjoying this challenge!

    http://rosesoveracottagedoor.blogspot.com/2009/08/teaser-tuesday.html

    ~D

    ReplyDelete

Do leave a comment - I love to hear from people who read my blog.