Friday 21 August 2009

Bake of the week


We've not yet had a Bake of the Week post, so I'll make up for it by showing you a picture of the carrot, banana, walnut and raisin cake that I made for a member of staff who is leaving at the end of the month (Julie-Ann is her name, hence the initials in walnuts on the top). As I'm off on my holidays as of now (*does a little excited dance*), we had a little tea-party this afternoon to say farewell. It's this recipe from Waitrose, only I substituted half of the walnuts with raisins, and just did a straightforward butter icing (although I utilised Stuck-in-the-book's tip of adding a little water to the butter icing which made it spreadable for once!)

Next week is of course Persephone Reading Week, but blog-service may be somewhat sporadic after that until we get firmly into September...

3 comments:

  1. Love the initials...how creative!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mmmm, this looks divine. I love butter icing.
    So... I know you're on holiday and you will be busy, but are are you going to attempt any baking for Persephone Reading Week?

    "It's got gray icing, I can't even begin to think how you'd make gray icing" - M'Lynn about the red-velvet armadillo groom's cake in Steel Magnolias

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, that sounds like an interesting combination! I've made carrot cakes and banana nut bread but not all together - yum. I'm off to have a closer look at your recipe, could be a baking weekend hmmmm...

    ReplyDelete

Do leave a comment - I love to hear from people who read my blog.