Saturday 20 August 2011

*the* cake

This time last week we were getting ready for our wedding lunch celebration - a joyous occasion with over 80 of our family and friends getting together to celebrate Mr and Mrs W's marriage! Of course, we had to have a wedding cake, and as most of you know, I decided to do it myself. We're still waiting for the photos of the party, but I persuaded our photographer to give me a preview of the cake so that I could share it with you all. And here it is! Three layers of fruit cake, the bottom two made to the same recipe as my parent's cake, the top layer was vegan and gluten free, all covered by me in marzipan and sugarpaste.


6 comments:

  1. Why do wedding cakes look too good to cut into and eat?

    Beautiful. You do have patience and a talent, Verity.

    ReplyDelete
  2. How did you ever manage to cut it? Just beautiful...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Amazing job! It looks wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am *so* impressed that you made your own cake. *So* impressed.

    ReplyDelete
  5. it looks great, and so nice to have a really personal cake.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I can vouch for the fact that the cake tasted as good as it looked.

    ReplyDelete

Do leave a comment - I love to hear from people who read my blog.