Saturday 23 May 2009

It wasn't exactly surprising


...that I wasn't able to resist the 3 for 2 across ALL BOOKS in Waterstones at lunchtime. (they're obviously competing with Borders' current "Buy one get one half price" (which is rather more credit crunch friendly) Particularly when the new Sarah Waters which I'm desperate to read (but thought I'd have to wait for in the library or to come out in paperback) was half price.
I took the opportunity to get another Jane Gardam (The Queen of the Tambourine), and had a long chat with the guy at the till about the fact that I'd just discovered her. He was a big fan of Old Filth, which I have to say is the only one that doesn't really appeal to me.
Then I spotted a Persephone book, Saplings, which I mentioned earlier as being one of the first ones that I've read. This one has a slightly different cover with a picture, rather than the more traditional Persephone grey. But I'm a big Noel Streatfield fan, having a lot of her children's books, so this was a must have. I arrived guiltily back at work with my Waterstones bag. I'm now up to 795 books on librarything.com, and probably have over 40 books on my to-be-read shelves.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Do leave a comment - I love to hear from people who read my blog.