Friday 6 July 2012

A catch-up

So, I've been off work this week on annual leave.  I had high hopes for blogging this week.  I wanted to tell you about how I was reading again and what I was reading.  I even planned to tell my week off in photos and post a blog each day full of photos of what I'd been doing.

Sadly, life doesn't quite work out this way.  It's been more tiring than I could have anticipated with two people close to Mr W and myself in hospital, Mr W embarking on a new fitness routine which meant none of my planned lie ins materialising until today, and somehow one way and another I don't seem to really have had a minute to myself except whilst swimming.  At least that has been fitted in. 

So here is my week off, or some of it, in numbers.

Number of hospitals visited: 2
Number of hospital visits made: 5
Number of pots of jam made: 34
Number of volcanoes of jam: 1
Number of hours spent clearing up after volcano of jam: ongoing
Number of hob plates still not quite clean: 2
Number of swimming pools visited: 5
Number of swimming lakes visited:2
Number of swimming races: 1
Number of podium finishes in swimming races: 1 (yes, I came third!!)
Number of times that have had a swimming pool to myself for more than 20 minutes: 3
Number of press releases written: 1 (will post this shortly...)
Number of radio appearances: 1
Number of new bicycles purchased: 1
Number of new bicycles purchased and ridden: 0
Books read: 3 (only one novel - Weatherley Parade by Richmal Crompton - excellent)
Number of books recieved in the post: 2 (a special torch-bearing present from my friend Owen called "Torch" by Jill Paton Walsh, and a triathlon training manual)
Number of loads of washing: 4
Number of loads of washing hung outside: 1
Number of hours spent in the car: about 9


Sorry for being such a lapsed blogger!

3 comments:

  1. Crazy crazy week! I don't think you should feel bad about not blogging much... particularly as you had #jamageddon to sort out...

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's a pity you did not get to have the week you wanted, but you've crammed in a lot. When you do return to work you can do so without a shred of guilt over time wasted (time wasted through circumstances outside your control does not count).

    If you find you like Jill Paton Walsh, then I can recommend her Imogen Quy mysteries, although - whisper this to an Oxonian - they are set in Cambridge University.

    Good luck with your torch carrying.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jamageddon should be enough excitement for any week. Will be thinking of you on Monday.

    ReplyDelete

Do leave a comment - I love to hear from people who read my blog.