Monday 19 March 2012

*newsflash*

Exciting news and a break to scheduled posting to announce that I will be carrying the Olympic Torch through Kidlington (village north of Oxford) on 9th July! I was nominated for the work that I have done for Mind raising awareness and money by my swimming challenges over the last three years. Very very excited to have this involvement in the Olympics, and very excited to be able to honour Mind by my involvement. I hope to come up with some more fundraising in 2012 to tie in with my torchbearing.

12 comments:

  1. Oh! That is so exciting - well done. What an honour for you and what a great opportunity to promote the work of Mind, too. How proud we'll all be of you!

    Liz

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yaay!!! Glad we can celebrate at last - the strain of keeping quiet has been extreme!!
    Well done, a well deserved honour.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great that you are carrying the torch close to where you live. You are the only person I know who has been chosen as a torch bearer.

    Well deserved honour for you, Verity.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations, Verity!!! That is such an honor.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Erika
    Congratulations--and you have earned this. Achievement on land as well as in water!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh wow...that is fabulous news, Verity! Congratulations!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. That is fantastic news. Well done and what an honour which very few people are able to achieve.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Well done, it's a well deserved honour.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Worthy recognition for your tremendous achievements as a fundraising swimmer. Congratulations.

    ReplyDelete
  10. That is wonderful - congratulations!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow, what an honor! Congratulations!!

    ReplyDelete

Do leave a comment - I love to hear from people who read my blog.