Friday 24 December 2010

12 bakes of Christmas

I've had a wonderful time writing about my festive activities over the last month or so. The blog has been a little light on bookish content, so I'm hoping to pop in with a brief post over each of the 12 days of Christmas to let you know what I'm reading, as I'm hoping to have the chance to get through some good books over the celebration season.

In the meantime, I'd like to wish all of my blog visitors a very happy Christmas, and to sing you a variation on a traditional song using illustrations of some of my festive bakes - for brevity's sake, I'll start with the last verse! (but you do need to sing as you read, because I've made it scan...)

On the twelfth day of Christmas I baked for my true love...

12 bags of biscuits
11 starry brownies

10 stars and angels

9 cranberry buns

8 slices of stollen


7 Lebkuchen

6 shortbread snowmen
5 mince pies



Four spic-ed reindeer


three mincemeat jars


2 starcakes
and a shortbread nativity

11 comments:

  1. Fantastic post-brilliant idea :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great post!

    I do love your baking - very impressive.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love it! And, yes I did sing. The shortbread nativity is my favorite.
    Happy Christmas to you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is my kind of 12 days of Christmas:) What a great post, Verity. Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wonderful Verity. Just waiting for my cheese biscuit to rest in the fridge so a very apt post.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Haha! This made me laugh. Loved it.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Then on the 13th day: gym membership?

    Merry Christmas to you and Ken.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful baking Verity - Happy Christmas!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Adorable and pretty tasty looking too! Merry, merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Lovely post, lovely food! Hope you had a lovely Christmas.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Ooh delicious! What a lovely treat those must have been.

    ReplyDelete

Do leave a comment - I love to hear from people who read my blog.