Saturday 24 September 2011

Mumps part 4

I did feel dreadful yesterday, but at 9pm at night, I noticed that my cheeks were starting to resemble normal verity shape again. Despite the headache and the fact that I still had golf balls
attached to my neck for a couple of minutes I felt almost better. Too bad the headache set in overnight and it has taken me 4 hours since Mr W to get up to make it downstairs. Poor Mr W isn't finding me a terribly patient patient so has gone off to look at bikes in a shop in Reading.

Still, I have had some nice post today. After getting stuck back into cross stitch, I ordered 8 mini cross stitch kits from Mouseloft (who do a huge array of little cross stitch sets which are perfect for making into cards - I never really know what to do with cross stitches once completed so it's nice to have some which have a purpose!



As you can see here, I've got as far with this "Boofle" the dog Christmas cross stitch as I can until I can go and get the right thread for his head and feet from the shop. Although I've got the new mini cross stitches, I think I'm going to have a go at some of the mini designs from the magazine that Mr W bought me the threads for.


I've also had a new book arrive in the post - its tagline "The modern girls' guide to knitting, sewing, quilting, baking, preserving and kitchen gardening" sounds just perfect for me.
Sigh...so...back to the sofa. I am so frustrated about these mumps. It's a busy time at work AND I missed out on meeting Darlene who was over from Canada this week :(

2 comments:

  1. Just finished catching up on the last several posts (I don't know why my computer is not letting me know when you've posted? I'm very low-tech, so I'm going to have to get my dh on it soon!). I am sooooo sorry you've been down with the mumps. I was one of those who had them as a child and I can remember the pain - I can't imagine dealing with it as an adult! It looks like you've been quite productive in spite of it, though - I love you mini cross stitch cards. Yes, Nancy Blackett came to my mind as well - I read Winter Holiday aloud to my kids not that long ago. :)
    I hope you are feeling much better! I'll be praying for a speedy recovery.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so sorry to hear that you are ill, but I see in your most recent post that you're getting better. I just wanted to say that I admire your cross-stich projects so much! I especially like the card idea. It's a really easy way to share them with other people. And that book on crafts sounds great.

    ReplyDelete

Do leave a comment - I love to hear from people who read my blog.