Saturday 8 May 2010

Persephone Reading Week: Gone shopping



No roundup this morning - by the time this is posted I shall be sitting on the bus to London reading my final unread Persephone (The hopkins manuscript) and looking forward to an outing which has coincided wonderfully with this week. Simon from Stuck-in-a-book has organised a meet-up of UK book-bloggers, and although I'm not sure that I will be well enough to manage the long day required to go to the meal planned, I am intending to meet up with some of the other book bloggers at the Persephone bookshop beforehand. Before that however, I have much excitement to look forward to as I'm meeting up with my wonderful co-host Claire for bookshopping and bookchat. We intend to visit a fantastic secondhand shop that Claire introduced me to in January (where I found many lovely Virago modern classics, and am hopeful of doing the same again!), and then to go to the Carlyle's house , which obviously has a Persephone connection since they have published The Carlyle's at home, and which Book Snob Rachel drew my attention to a little while ago.

Claire will be doing a final round-up tomorrow, and wrapping up the week from her perspective. I'll be doing the same on Monday, and we'll be announcing our giveaway winners and our favourite

Have a wonderful weekend, hopefully involving as much Persephone fun as mine!

12 comments:

  1. Looking forward to seeing you soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That sounds like such a lovely day!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a wonderful way to spend a day! Enjoy.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a perfect day... enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your trip sounds wonderful! At long last I've finally got around to posting about my Persephone Reading Week on my blog! I've so enjoyed reading about what everyone has been up to and am really looking forward to hearing about your day today too. The Carlyles' house sounds lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I hope you had/have a wonderful day. I keep hearing about this meet-up and it sounds like it'll be a lot of fun.

    ReplyDelete
  7. If we weren't in the middle of buying a house I had seriously been contemplating hopping the pond to be a part of the get together today. That is if Simon was open to having "foreigners" infiltrate. Maybe next year.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I was in Toronto this afternoon but I was with you all in spirit!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm envious of your wonderful day planned! Wish I lived in London so that I could join in!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Gutted to have only heard about the Persephone reading week today - I have been a fan for Persephone for many years and have blogged about them many times, ever since reading my first and most beloved of their publications - The Making of a Marchioness.

    ReplyDelete

Do leave a comment - I love to hear from people who read my blog.