Monday 24 May 2010

Bloggiversary (and name change!)


Yesterday marks exactly a year since I started my blog. And what fun I've had along the way! I've made scores of new friends across the globe, fuelled my book addiction more than I would ever have thought possible both in terms of numbers of books borrowed from the library, and books bought (although I have undertaken two successful periods of abstention from the latter). I've embarked on reading projects, such as my Cornish Cornucopia, and my Orange Wednesdays. I've had the privilege of hosting two wonderful Persephone Reading Weeks, and tea as a result at the Persephone Book Shop, and been given my very own Persephone endpaper pinny (see above!). I've won several people's giveaways, been sent books by people reading my blog (and other things too like handknitted scarves!), and been the fortunate recipient of a number of review copies, particularly from the kindness of Sophie and Victoria at Virago, Fiona at Vintage and Helena at Honno Press. I've baked copiously. And it turned out that one blog wasn't enough - I started a second blog too for my challenge of trying to read my way through the Virago Modern Classics series!

It's been wonderful - thank you to all of those that read and comment on my blog - you're all fantastic!

When I set up the blog, I chose "cardigangirlverity" for the web address, but then decided to call it The B Files to reflect the fact that I loved Books, Baking and my Boyfriend. I still love Books and Baking but the Boyfriend is now a fiance, and I feel that my cardigans are becoming neglected*, so from now on my blog will just go under the header - cardigangirlverity.


* Early on I wrote a post about my cardigans - I've got rid of two on the list (the bobbly grey Jane Norman one and the then unworn H and M charcoal cardigan which shrunk terribly in the wash), but have acquired another black Jane Norman cardigan with a lovely big cowl neck and a sparkly silver zipped number from Pineapple which is very eighties funky.

17 comments:

  1. I like the name change :) And I love the endpaper pinny. I can't believe you've only been blogging for a year, I really look up to your blog as an example and had expected you to have been around for longer.

    Happy Blogiversary (I'm never sure how to spell that)!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Bloggiversary Verity! It has been wonderful reading your blogs. I love the name change. I remember wondering what you would do with the B files when I heard your boyfriend would soon be your Husband. Cheers!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Many Happy Returns to a really super blog.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy Bloggiversary Verity. I cannot believe that you have only been blogging for a year - it feels like I have been reading your blogs forever (in a good way!). I love the new name too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy Bloggiversary. I cannot believe you are only one. You are so well established.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy Bloggiversary... and here's to many more!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I like the new name. Congratulations on your one-year anniversary. Now the question is, when does fiance become husband?

    ReplyDelete
  8. Happy Bloggiversary, cardigan girl Verity!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love the new name Verity and happy bloggy birthday.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Happy first bloggiversary! I have been so grateful for your blog...you have led me to a lot of good reads. I like the new name change especially since in my head I always think of this as Verity's blog instead of the B Files:) Best wishes for your second blogging year.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Happy Bloggiversary Verity! Hopefully we will actually meet at some point in the next year hee hee!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thanks for your very kind comments everyone - I am so happy to have made some wonderful friends over the last year and hope to make many more!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Happy Bloggiversary! I love the new name too !

    ReplyDelete
  14. Happy Blog Birthday! You have achieved so much in only a year of blogging. Thank you for all of your inspiration in the bookish and baking areas!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Happy Bloggiversary! I'm amazed you read so many books, manage to keep up two blogs and find time for all that baking :-) I look forward to following you over the next year

    ReplyDelete
  16. I love the new old name, happy anniversary

    ReplyDelete
  17. Happy bloggiversary! I can't believe you've been going such a short time! I love the new name...I've always been a bit of a cardigan girl myself!

    ReplyDelete

Do leave a comment - I love to hear from people who read my blog.