I got tagged in this note on facebook and thought it would be fun to put it on my blog and see what other bloggers came up with!
Don't take too long to think about it. Fifteen books you've read that will always stick with you. First fifteen you can recall in no more than 15 minutes.
1. Rebecca (Daphne Du Maurier)
2. Lark Rise to Candleford (Flora Thompson)
3. Round About A Pound a Week (Maud Pember Reeves)
4. Swallows and Amazons (Arthur Ransome)
5. Diary of a nobody (George Grossmith)
6. Ballet Shoes (Noel Streatfeild)
7. Our hidden lives (Simon Garfield)
8. The school at the chalet (Elinor M Brent Dyer)
9. One pair of hands (Monica Dickens)
10. The music room (Will Fiennes)
11. Sunbathing in the rain (Gwyneth Lewis)
12. Jennings at school (Anthony Buckeridge)
13. Autumn Term (Antonia Forest)
14. The well and the mine (Gin Phillips)
15. Frost in May (Antonia White)
I did this in about 3 minutes, as fast as I could type the titles. I was intrigued by the mixture of children's books, fiction and social history/autobiography which came out.
Try doing the same!
What was Virginia Woolf up to in 1930?
1 day ago