Sunday 20 November 2011

This weekend

This weekend has been all about preparing for Christmas. I know it's not even advent yet, but I know how busy the weeks before Christmas get and I want to be able to enjoy events and be able to be spontaneous rather than worry about the things that I haven't done.
Link
So this weekend has seen:
1. Wrapping of Christmas presents (extraordinarily exhausting, and still one more for Mother-in-law, yet to arrive to go).
2. Parcelling up Christmas presents to be posted
3. Ripping Christmas cds to itunes to create a Christmas playlist for advent tea party
4. Devising of cake menu for advent tea party
5. Reading of Christmas issue of Good Housekeeping magazine for inspiration
6. Purchase of poinsettia when Mr W offered to buy me flowers
7. Sampling of Waitrose Brandy Ice Cream (delicious)
8. Sampling of mini Christmas cake (oh how can I resist eating the big one?)
9. Attempted purchase of Christmas tree (foiled as the garden centre only had a paltry selection this early).

In other news, very tired and busy with work so things may be quiet on the blogging front but will be popping in and out over the next few weeks. Only 24 more working days until the Christmas holidays! Can't wait!!

5 comments:

  1. Oh Verity I'd forgotten all about your Advent Tea Party. I so loved reading about it last year. Take care of yourself and we'll love reading your posts, especially about Advent Tea Party, but all in your good time. Take care of yourself first.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have yet to start counting the days, but I am tempted, must get on with the rest of my shopping and wrapping.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Rachel - I am getting really excited about this year's tea-party - it should be good and we have quite a few people coming.

    Jo - afraid counting the days is the only thing keeping me going at the moment!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow I think you may be the most organised person that I know! I am slowly getting there, have bought quite a few presents and the wrapping paper!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I m off for ten days hoping to get all my xmas bits sorted ,third year I ve taken first part of dec off and love spending time shopping when the Christmas decorations up ,all the best stu

    ReplyDelete

Do leave a comment - I love to hear from people who read my blog.