I've been struggling a bit to keep up with blogging - my life is all over the place what with wedding cake baking (I promise a progress report this week...), training for my 10km swim, and trying to move house but I can't resist doing this meme which was created by Simon, and which has popped up all over the blogosphere in the last few days. Apologies that I didn't have my camera (up at the new house with K) to take pictures - have used Amazon pictures where I can (but sadly not all of the books had pictures I could find online)!
1. The book I'm currently reading: Myra Carroll by Noel Streatfeild. I've started looking out for Noel Streatfield books as she is one of my favourite authors, and someone who I can (when not soending money on a house) just about afford still these days (so many of the authors I'd love to collect are just too expensive). I haven't actually started it, but it's in my bag for lunchtime. I may have read it previously, but I can't remember. I'm also reading Confessions of a wedding planner by Tamryn Kirby - I follow her blog (yes, I'm a little bit interested in weddings at the moment!!) and thought this looked interested when I spotted it at the library yesterday.
2. The last book I finished. I just finished reading Noel Streatfield's Ballet Annual. This delightful book of short stories (yes, I don't even usually like short stories) written for children, all with ballet/dance/theatre themes (and a couple of non-fiction articles) by Streatfeild (some even featuring familiar characters from her childrens books such as the Fossils and Lalla the figure skater) was just perfect for a day of packing boxes, baking wedding cake and various chores yesterday. Really struggling with reading much else at the moment if I'm honest.
3. The next book I want to read. I quite want to read the book that I got K from the library called "Planning and fitting your kitchen" because I think, even if I'm not doing it, I'd like some insight into how it works. But I haven't been able to separate it from him yet. If we're talking wishlist though, I'd love to get my mitts on The Wilder Life: My Adventures in the Lost World of Little House on the Prairie.
4. The last book I bought has not yet arrived - it is A young man's fancy by Susan Pleydell, a new Greyladies book that I bought with birthday money and will be saving for my wedding trip.
5. The last book I given. William and Kate dress up dolly book. This was a present from Claire of Paperback Reader in return for some clothes shop vouchers that I gave her, and as a belated birthday/pre wedding present. I LOVED the Royal wedding coverage, perhaps because of my current interest in weddings. I only wish I had a second copy so that I could actually cut up and dress the paper dolls.
I think this meme should be done by everyone once a month! It would make fascinating reading.
TBRs and the library pile
10 hours ago