Friday, 7 May 2010

Persephone Reading Week : Roundup #9


I can't believe how fast the week has gone by and that I'm on the ninth roundup. If you missed the eighth, you can find it here at my co-host's blog.

The posts are still coming thick and fast and here's some more for your delight.

Thomas at My Porch has reviewed The making of a marchioness.

Boof from Book Whispering writes about Little Boy Lost.

Vivienne at Serendipity says that if you get scared easily then you might not want to read The Victorian Chaise Longue.

Amanda from The blog jar found some consolation in Good evening Mrs Craven.

Book girl is 50pp into Mariana.

Mrs B at The literary stew was hugely excited to hear that she had been quoted in the Persephone BiAnnually.

Claire at kiss a cloud reflects on Someone at a distance with a beautiful photograph.

Joan Hunter Dunn at Flowers and Stripes recalls how appropriate she found reading Greenery Street, a hen party gift, while she was on her honeymoon.

And HJ Elliot's cat seems to be enjoying the week too!

Don't forget, there's still time to enter my Wartime Persephone Quiz and my Film giveaway, as well as Claire's Victorian Chaise-Longe giveaway!

4 comments:

  1. These reviews are terrific for highlighting new blogs to me but are really interfering with my own reading and housework! One I have a problem with, the other...not so much.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've only managed to read 2 Persephone titles so far this week, shame on me. Have just finished They Were Sisters by Dorothy Whipple, which I borrowed from the library - the only Dorothy Whipple book that I could find in their catalogue.

    Being the middle one of 3 girls, I have brothers as well, this title resonated with me.

    Thank you to Persephone, book bloggers and especially to Verity & Clare our wonderful hosts for introducing me to works by new to me authors.

    I've re-read Gaudy Night by Dorothy L Sayers, and haven't been able to come up with any Persephone related excuse for reading that book this week.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thankyou for keeping us so updated this week. You and Claire have done a fabulous job.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for the link love! I haven't had time to visit everyone yet (too much housework) but will do so as soon as I can.. Thanks for all the love and hard work you put into this event.

    ReplyDelete

Do leave a comment - I love to hear from people who read my blog.