When you read this, hopefully I'll be waking up in our bungalow overlooking the sea in Cornwall.
I showed you the books I packed last weekend...unfortunately the pile has grown slightly...
* Enchanted Cornwall - I picked up this from the library, as I couldn't believe that I hadn't read it! It's DDM's semi-autobio crossed with descriptions of writing her books (seemed rather serendipitious given what I'm planning for the VVV blog while I'm away - see below). It reminded me that I saw several DDM biogs in the shop near where we're staying when we were down earlier in the year, so it is unlikely that I will make it home without more books. I'm on the look out for my own copy of this.
* Summertime (Coetzee). Paperback reader kindly leant me this from her Booker Reading Challenge. I loved Boy and Youth so really looking forward to this.
* Small Wars (Sadie Jones). I loved The outcast, and really wanted to buy her latest, although I did have a new policy of not buying new hardbacks...however, it was half price in Waterstones on the first day of my holidays....
And then I bought 4 books in Foyles on Weds - I was desperate for one of their carrier bags! One will be featured on the VV blog, but the other three were lovely children's books:
* Head girl's difficulties (Elinor M Brent Dyer), republished by GGBP
* School on Cloud Ridge
* Chiltern Adventure
- both of these by Mabel Esther Allen and republished by Fidra.
I'll be talking more about Fidra Books and GGBP when I get back, but I'm so excited to have these books to take with me.
The B files will be dormant, but you can follow my Daphne Du Maurier posts over on my other blog which are set to provide a bit of a diversion - with the aid of technology I can post without even turning a computer on! I'll be a bit sporadic in posting when I get back from Cornwall as am off to a conference, and then off to the Lakes for my Great North Swim but I promise to resume normal service from 17th September :)
Last Post and Reveille...
1 hour ago